We would like to thank you for the trust you have placed in us each time you have chosen MBW Physiotherapists over the last 35 years.
These are unprecedented times for our industry, our country and the world. The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the Covid-19 as a world pandemic and we need to do our part to help contain this strain of Corona virus.
As of Monday, 16 March 2020, we have introduced decisive measures and approaches to ensure your health and safety at all times, whilst our services continue as usual.
We would like to reassure you that the safety of our patients and staff is of utmost importance to us. For your information and peace of mind, we would like to inform you of the additional preventative measures that we currently have in place:
1. We have fully endorsed and implemented the WHO, SASP (South African Society of Physiotherapists) and RSA health authorities’ best practice guidelines for all our staff and patients:
– Adherence to strict hygiene routines, using specific and appropriate sanitisers and cleaning products, within our treatment facilities and across all equipment
– Precautionary measures are being taken when interacting with patients
– Mandatory hand washing or sanitizing before and after every consultation/treatment session
– Masks will be worn, if deemed necessary
– Sanitation stations are available throughout our practice and we encourage patients to make use of
2. Management and staff are regularly updated with all relevant information and will make continual adjustments, as needed.
3. If you have travelled, or you have been in contact with someone who has travelled, in the past 3 weeks, please contact us. Alternative arrangements can be made regarding your treatment.
4. Patients/parents of children with respiratory infections must contact the consulting room, in advance, so that the necessary precautions can be taken.
5. As you may know, there is currently a shortage of available disinfectants, cleansers, gloves and masks. Please help us, and our environment, by bringing a large towel to cover the pillows and /or exercise mats.
We see this as an opportunity to create innovative ways of containing the virus, ensuring our safety, serving our patients and maintaining the momentum of our business. May we all be safe and mindful.
Join us in regularly washing our hands and focusing on the many positives still surrounding us. Please take some time and read the attached messages.
MBW Physiotherapists and staff