What can you expect as a new patient?
When calling for an appointment please be prepared to provide the patient’s name, phone number, reason for appointment and referring physician if applicable.
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your first appointment to complete some basic paperwork. These forms can also be downloaded from our contact page (Patient Resources, Application for services and given to the Receptionist on arrival.)
Bring your ID, Medical Aid card, any referral letter, reports, X-rays or scans that are relevant to your condition or injury with you.
- At MBW Physiotherapy we consider consultations prior to starting any program with us to be essential
- – to ensure that we have a complete understanding of your current condition and any relevant past medical history (this can include acute and chronic medication you are taking, sports, hobbies and ergonomic status relevant to the injury) and
- – to ensure that a diagnosis can be made, and
- – the best treatment/exercise plan can be given to help you reach your goals
- A thorough physical assessment will be undertaken to determine the clinical diagnosis.
- For an accurate physical assessment to be performed the area in question needs to be exposed. Shorts and gowns are provided for this purpose, but you are welcome to wear or bring your own shorts/comfortable clothing with you if you feel more comfortable with this.
- A first evaluation and treatment are scheduled for 1 hour.
- During and after treatment the physiotherapist may educate you on the various anatomical and biomechanical structures involved. By understanding the condition it is often easier to manage it! You will often be sent home with some helpful hints and exercises to help manage the condition after your treatment session.
- Depending on your condition you may need to return for further treatment sessions, this will be discussed between you and your physiotherapist.
- Follow-up appointments are scheduled for 30 – 45 minutes to ensure adequate time for each patient. MBW physiotherapists want to give each patient their undivided attention.
- Fees are structured according to the South African Society of Physiotherapy practice codes.
- Fees vary according to each condition and treatment techniques applied.
- ICD 10 codes are utilised to facilitate re-imbursement from your medical aid, however the practice does not claim our patient treatment from the medical aid. This means that you are personally responsible for payment of your account.
- Patients are requested to pay after each treatment and then personally claim back from your medical aids.
- Credit Card facilities are available. We regret, no Diners Club or American Express cards are accepted.
The practice has a 12 hour cancellation policy. Appointments not cancelled within this time can be charged for in full.
Physiotherapists are first line practioners which means that you don’t need to have a referral to make an appointment. However the practice works closely with other health practitioners such as GP’s, Orthopaedic surgeons, Specialists and Paediatricians. Unless requested not to, communication occurs between the practitioners to allow for a holistic healing approach.
We are open from 08h00-17h30 Monday to Thursday and 08h00-17h00 Fridays.
Weekend appointments are outside of our usual operating hours, therefor it is for emergency treatments only (Please note: after hour rates will apply).
Book an appointment
Phone: 021 – 976 4832
Emergency: 083 – 4242 909
Please note: No bookings via email. We are, however, happy to answer enquiries via email.